The Japanese financial company SBI Holdings offered its shareholders the opportunity to receive dividends in XRP cryptocurrency or other products offered by its SBI Alapromo division. According to the announcement, shareholders can take advantage of additional benefits and get their share of profit in an alternative form. One option provides that new shareholders can apply for 2,000 yen in the form of XRP, and those who have been an investor for more than a year can count on the cryptocurrency equivalent of 8,000 yen. This offer applies only to residents of Japan, who must have an account on the cryptocurrency exchange of a financial group in order to transfer funds. Participants are also offered to take SBI Alapromo food additives and cosmetics with a 50 percent discount on the dividend amount. This proposal is due to the fact that SBI Holdings is actively collaborating with Ripple, using its products in its Money Tap money transfer application.
The Zcash community has voted for a new mining reward distribution scheme to ensure the stable development of the cryptocurrency. In accordance with the new model, miners will continue to receive their 80% rewards for closing each new block, but the remaining 20% will now be distributed among the project development funds: 8% will be used for grants to third-party developers, 7% will go to Electric Coin Company, companies behind the brand name of the coin, and 5% will receive the Zcash Foundation. According to the community, an increase in grants will further contribute to further strengthening the decentralization of the network. Changes in the distribution structure are due to take effect in November 2020, but they are still awaiting approval by the Zcash Foundation and ECC. The current model provides that of the allocated 20% of the remuneration for mining, 15% goes to the founders and investors, and the remaining 5% to Electric Coin.
The chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), Heath Tarbert, is sure that ether-based (ETH) futures contracts may appear on the market soon. In an interview with Bloomberg, he said, since we already saw bitcoin futures not only in cash, but also deliverable, now we can expect the launch of ethereum futures. Heath Tarbert intends to encourage innovation and would be glad if the United States takes a leading position in promoting blockchain and digital assets. The CFTC chairman considers bitcoin and ether to be goods or raw materials that fall under the jurisdiction of his department. For the first time, the question of the possibility of the appearance on the market of instruments tied to ETN tokens, Heath Tarbert began to raise in October 2019, when he announced that they would begin to bargain over the next 6-12 months.
According to the analytical website Blockosain Statoshi, over the entire existence of the Bitcoin blockchain, more than 500 million transactions have already been confirmed in it. Representatives of the project reported that the line of half a billion operations was completed at an altitude of 616064 blocks. The first registered bitcoin transaction was made more than 11 years ago, on January 12, 2009. In it, Satoshi Nakamoto sent 10 MTC to Hal Finney, after which he launched the mining process. On October 5, 2009, cryptocurrency was first valued in fiat equivalent. Then 100 MTC could be bought for $ 0.43. After about six months, the first ever purchase of physical goods for bitcoin was made. These were two famous pizzas that Laszlo Hanets ordered for 10,000 MTC. Bitcoin continues to develop and gain popularity and its blockchain continues to continuously form new blocks.
The largest cryptocurrency exchange Binance today shared the details of the new, first this year IEO - primary exchange offer, which will be held at the Binance Launchpad site. The project chosen for the token sale was WazirX with the WRX token. As during previous tokensales, the event will be held in a lottery format (this time it was decided to dispense with the distribution of tokens - airdrop) Fixing BNB balances of Binance users has already begun and will be done 30 days - from January 4 to February 3. The average value for 30 days will be taken into account, and the fixing of balances will be taken into account as the average value for a day. To conduct a token sale, the company provides 100,000,000 WRX tokens in the amount of $ 2 million. Each account can qualify for no more than 10 lottery tickets.